5 Seeds That Promote Weight Loss
There is an extensive variety of seeds that encourage weight loss. Although they have no miraculous properties or the like, eating them is ideal to support the properties of certain other foods in the fight against obesity.
It is often said, however, that these seeds have ‘fat-burning’ properties because they stimulate the metabolism and thus ensure that you lose weight faster.
Also, there are also some seeds that are rich in fibre and essential nutrients that in their way also help to promote weight loss.
Seeds that promote weight loss
Seeds have been part of people’s diet since ancient times. They have been valued for centuries because of the energy and nutrients they provide. Seeds are a source of both macronutrients and micronutrients.
1. Chia seed
One of the seeds that promote weight loss is chia seeds. Chia seed is mainly known for a significant amount of soluble and insoluble fibre it contains. That in addition to the many antioxidants, which is also rich in. Chia seed also contains omega-3 fatty acids and essential amino acids, which is why it is also seen as a ‘superfood’.
- Consuming chia seeds regularly can help to prevent slow digestion and constipation. Moreover, it stimulates the metabolism and can help to prevent fat from accumulating on the stomach.
- The unsaturated fats are containing chia seed help to combat high levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Finally, chia seeds contain few calories and are rich in proteins and carbohydrates that help to maintain your energy level.
2. Sunflower Seeds
There used to be people who thought that sunflower seeds were only for birds. Nowadays, however, they are also part of many people’s diet because they are useful for promoting weight loss and reducing anxiety.
- They carry a massive amount of vitamin E. This is an antioxidant nutrient that helps to counteract the effect that free radicals have on the skin. The minerals and B vitamins they contain are good for strengthening your muscles and reducing fatigue.
- Also, they also give the body a small number of amino acids and carbohydrates, which is beneficial for a faster metabolism.
- The unsaturated fatty acids that they contain help to keep the veins clean and reduce the presence of harmful fats in the blood.
3. Coriander Seed
Coriander seed is a small brown seed that differs from other seeds because it has a mild citrus taste. Although fewer people than the above options eat this seed, it is also one of the seeds that promote weight loss.
- The phytonutrients it contains stimulate the metabolism and help regulate blood sugar levels.
- It also contains certain oils that help to optimise the production of insulin.
- This is very important for the body to convert sugars into energy.
- Finally, it eases digestive problems and has a purifying effect, which promotes the elimination of accumulated toxins.
4. Sesame Seeds
Sesame seed is obtained from a perennial plant also called Sesamum indicum, this plant belongs to the Pedaliaceae family. It is acknowledged throughout the world for its versatility. It can help to promote weight loss and prevent illness.
- The small amount of niacin that contains sesame seeds helps to reduce anxiety and prevent an insatiable appetite for food.
- It also contains many amino acids, which support the building of muscle mass and at the same time improve your physical performance.
- Sesame seeds are a significant source of dietary fibre. These help to improve digestion and control cholesterol levels.
- The antioxidants that it contains protect the body’s cells from oxidative stress and work in favour of the excretory organs, to drive waste matter out of the body.
Last on our list of seeds that promote weight loss; we have flaxseed. Although it has been known for a very long time, it has become trendy in recent years. This is mainly because it was suddenly recommended by some celebrities and fitness gurus, because of the desirable weight loss properties.
- Flaxseed contains a lot of fibre, polyphenols and essential fatty acids that benefit your metabolism.
- The small amount of omega-3 fatty acids it contains gives your body energy and improves cardiovascular health. This is mainly because it is cholesterol-lowering.
- Linseed is easy to digest and lubricates the intestine, making it easier to go to the toilet. It has a long-lasting satiating effect, which reduces your urge for junk food.
Which of these seeds that promote weight loss would you like to try? As you can see, they all offer significant benefits for a healthy diet. Choose the types that you think would be best for your body. Do not hesitate to process them in your favourite salads and smoothies.